RUSS HOBBS MINISTRIES
25 REASONS WHY PEOPLE AREN’T COMING TO YOUR CHURCH THIS WEEK!
1. Church lasts to long
2. Fear of being judged
3. Church is boring
4. They only preach hell & damnation.
5. They only want your money.
6. The church is filled with hypocrites
7. I’ve been hurt in the church
8. I don’t trust the pastors
9. Church is like a cult
10. They don’t even preach about Jesus
11. I hate church folks but love God
12. It’s organized religion
13. Church is a big show
14. Church has changed
15. Church has become political
16. Does very little for their community
17. My children’s needs aren’t being met
18. I don’t feel any closer to God after going
19. No one knows my name
20. They only care about the numbers
21. It feels more like jail
22. They talk down to their members
23. It’s fake
24. I just don’t want to go
25. Haven’t found the “right church”
Wow, that’s some pretty hard-hitting stuff! What do you think? What’s right on the mark and what is not? In an effort for churches to become bigger and better they begin tweaking everything, and I mean everything! Salvation was replaced with Success and Faith took on Financial Stability. You no longer needed to Believe God for anything, you just needed to become something worth believing in.
As a fella I once knew said; “well, if the shoe fits wear it! Frankly, there are churches and ministries who do a fantastic job of sharing the Word and the love of Jesus Christ week by week with others as they care for their needs and brokenness. Truly, there are also churches to run from as fast as you possibly can run!
Do you know the difference between a good church and one that is not? Let’s talk about that this week!