“GOING STRAIGHT FOR THE HEART! It was a joy to share this message with the congregation of the Mt. Hope United Christian Church on Sunday April 25th. We trust this message and these truths will also be a blessing for you today.
Pastor Russ Hobbs
JEREMIAH 17:9 & 10
MT. HOPE UNITED CHRISTIAN CHURCH
SUNDAY APRIL 25, 2021
IF JESUS IS THE GREAT SHEPHERD, GOD IS THE GREAT SURGEON BECAUSE HE GOES FOR THE HEART!
THE LORD MAY WELL BE GOING FOR YOUR HEART THIS MORNING! ARE YOU WILLING TO ALLOW GOD TO EXAMINE, EXPLORE, TREAT AND HEAL YOUR HEART TODAY?
WHAT DO WE KNOW ABOUT THE HUMAN HEART?
- The heart of man is deceitful.
- The heart is desperately wicked.
- The Lord searches the heart and tests the mind.
- The Lord gives to every man according to his ways.
- The Lord gives to us according to the fruit of our doings.
WHAT KIND OF A HEART IS GOD LOOKING FOR THIS MORNING?
- God is looking for a heart that serves Him. Deuteronomy 11:13
- God is looking for a heart that loves Him. Matthew 22:37
- God is looking for a heart that keeps His word. Deuteronomy 26:16
- God is looking for a heart that follows Him. 1 Kings 14:8
- God is looking for a heart that seeks Him. 2 Chronicles 7:14
- God is looking for a heart that praises Him. Psalm 86:12
- God is looking for a heart that trusts Him. Proverbs 3:5
- God is looking for a heart that believes Him. Romans 10:9&10
DAVID WAS A MAN AFTER GOD’S HEART WHO WOULD DO HIS WILL Acts 13:22
RAHAB, READ HER STORY IN JOSHUA 2, SHE HIDES AND PROTECTS JOSHUA’S MEN.
GOD USES THE KIND OF PEOPLE THAT WE MIGHT LEAST EXPECT TO FULFILL HIS PLAN!
DO YOU HAVE A HEART THAT IS OPEN TO GOD AND ARE YOU WILLING TO BE USED BY HIM?
CAN YOU HONESTLY SAY, WHEREVER HE LEADS, I’LL GO?
Studying Jesus reveals the heart of God. Anyone who has seen Jesus has seen the Father (John 14:9). No one can truly know the heart of God without knowing and trusting in Jesus for salvation. Jesus Christ revealed the Father, for “He is the image of the invisible God” (Colossians 1:15, ESV). Since Jesus and the Father are one, Christ visually represents the heart of God, the essence of who He is (John 10:30). Jesus dying for the sins of the world and being resurrected to bring life to those who believe in Him vividly presents the love, judgment, and mercy of God (John 3:16). In Christ we see God as the Savior of mankind who desires all to come to know Him and experience the salvation He offers (2 Peter 3:19).
Prayer reveals the heart of God. Spending time with the Lord in prayer assists in knowing His heart. Just as a child must spend time with his father to know him personally, so we also must spend time with God in prayer to know Him more deeply. The first part of James 4:8 says, “Come near to God and he will come near to you.” Spending time alone with God in prayer will encourage a deeper relationship and create a greater intimacy between us and God, in which our desires will become more aligned with His.
Seeking to know the heart of God is a serious endeavor, as knowing Him will change a person’s entire life. The more a person learns and knows the Lord, the more he or she will long for Him and declare with the psalmist, “As the deer longs for streams of water, so I long for you, O God” (Psalm 42:1, NLT).
To chat about the condition of your soul, counsel or spiritual care e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org